About NEN – Vision & Mission
North East Network (NEN) is a women’s rights organisation linking with women irrespective of their diversity and regardless of ethnicity, sexual/gender identity disability, culture and space.
NEN also connects to different civil society organisations on development and social justice issues within North East India. It was set up as part of the preparatory process for the Beijing World Conference on Women in 1995. In the 20 years since its establishment, NEN has become a platform to address women’s human rights.
NEN is one of the first organisations in the North East to combine activism with advocacy from a liberal feminist perspective, conveying critical gender issues through dialogue and dissemination.
NEN’s – Vision
NEN’s vision is to build a society in the NER that upholds gender justice, equality and respect for human rights.
NEN’s – Mission
NEN’s mission is to take forward women’s human rights through collective action by:
- Creating a culture of peace, both inside and outside the homes, through women’s active and informed involvement
- Strengthening women’s collectives, collective action and their leadership
- Increasing women’s representation in political, public and community processes
- Addressing discrimination and violence against women in both public and domestic spheres, and ensuring safer spaces
- Protecting the environment and biodiversity through innovative initiatives, by engaging youth and women.